Addwit Business Services - Our Approach
Top 3 Reasons Why Businesses Struggle; (applies to non-profits and Governments too).
Deep research, quick research or informal research – broad reasons for the struggle of businesses can be grouped together in three categories -
- Capital - Shortage & Mismanagement
- Low Skills & Grit of the Decision making Team/s
- Faulty & Irrational Internal Processes
Surprisingly, most more businesses and social projects do NOT fail because of the capital availability, but because of either the top-team or the systems.
Addwit can assist you in all the three areas. However, we took time and mastered the art of addressing the #2 above; because, as they say, “…it is the man behind the machine that matters…”
- Explore solutions for business, start-ups, corporate, non-profit sector and governance
- Explore Consulting Stories from past one decade
100% Confidentiality about clients and projects is our non-negotiable policy. It is good for you.
Top Team Development
- Personalized and self-paced
- Absolutely useful for Startup Founders as well as traditional Business Owners
- The "Bharat-Strategy" well in place. Language NOT a barrier - currently we have experts who can speak English, Hindi, Chhattisgarhi, Marathi and Gujarati. Keen to get personalized incubation? Contact.
- Incubation Centers (Coming Soon in Mumbai and Chhattisgarh)
Capital and Funding
We thoroughly understand priorities and working styles for both investors and investees. Seeking funds for business? Looking for right avenues to park your funds? You are in right place.
- Startup - various stages
- Businesses already in operations - for execution, expansion and diversification
- Investment opportunities
- Developmental Philanthropy - Capital for non-business development projects
- Apply now There are 5 steps following this submission - (1) Preliminary Interview over phone / video-call (2) Presentation by your team in front of Investor Panel (3) LoI issued by Addwit, if selected through the previous step (4) Due Diligence and Documentation and (5) On-boarding. After the step #3, you are not allowed to submit investment requests to other agencies without written consent from Addwit.
KM & CSR For Corporate Sector
- Company-wide Knowledge Management Program - Assessment and Framework Development
- Plug-n-Play Technical Infrastructure for L&D
- Deep-design Strategies for CSR & Stakeholder Engagement
- Documentation and production of Company Story
Non-profit & Governance
- Governance and Political Leadership has enormous public expectations attached to it.
- Non-Profits have to play with different "rules of the game" to make a difference in large scale; Rules that limit their access to resources.
- Normal course of formal education does not prepare us for "out of box" thinking.
- It is not easy to deal with aspirations of the society, unless we have a Framework. Addwit has one that you could deploy.
100% Confidentiality | Our Approach
Experience - drop by drop...
As a Consulting Firm, our unique expertise is addressing large-scale, un-structured, high-potential issues. This requires us to work on long-term arrangements with policymakers and cluster of clients. We have worked closely with education sector, start-up sector, SME sector, hospitality sector and non-profit sector over last one decade.
A major point to note here is that we have an independent well-designed documentation and publication process that gets all the learning from projects to authoritative content for industry / sector / economy as whole.
Expand the panes below and read some of fascinating accomplishments -
Stories from A Decade+ of Partnerships
To design an effective system for acquisition of English language skills
English language skills of even those who underwent English medium schooling seems to be inadequate.
- Penetration of English proficiency below 15% in India (English Next, David Graddol)
- Grammar-centered systems of language training appear incomplete from the point of view of linguistics
- Social, cultural and functional elements need to become a part of English acquisition experience
- Deep study of language training and language learning practices
- Evolving methodology and resources by taking a zero-based approach
- Popularizing the newly developed system
- Worked with more than 3600 learners all across the demographic segments from CEOs to peons, from rural to urban, from native Taiwanese language enthusiast to Chhattisgarhi student; and 80+ clients in education and non-profit sector.
- Developed Addwit Organic English Acquisition System that is closest to brain processes and social processes
- Published book chapter in Cambridge Scholar Press book on English from Classes to Masses
- Converted the newly developed methodology into two self-paced device-based programs Addwit English Certifications (Level 1-3) and Expression Builder (Level 1-12) and published number of other resource Books
To identify the root causes of employability among youngsters, and develop a viable scientific scale-able framework that universities can deploy and adopt with ease, or individual students can use as her/his career strategy.
Students in the higher education programs like business management, engineering, pharmacy, journalism, hospitality, etc; are employable to the extent of up to 17% maximum (various reports available). There are more than three dozen global white papers and reports available on this severe crisis.
- There is no coherence among stakeholders upon their perception of employability
- Prevailing employability training system prepare students only for getting the first job; and not for developing a long term career strategy
- The social process through which the personality traits develop, are not incorporated into the employability training systems
- Getting the stakeholders, that is, employers, students, parents, education policymakers and skill trainers talk to each other; to come on the same platform
- Developing an employability training system that could work on peer to peer basis
- Developing a framework that was scientifically sound as well as pragmatically effective
- Worked with about 4000 youngsters and 40 institutions in the course of 6 years
- One doctorate awarded in the process of developing 4Q Framework for Employability & Career management
- Published a number of research papers, a comprehensive book, that can be used also as a resource material for credit course for University System and online programs
To empower the SME owners, entrepreneur families having traditional approach to business.
With the advent of technology, the small business sector is eventually competing with, and even confronting with, corporate sector that has access to enormous capital and resources. This is disturbing both social and economic equilibrium.
- There is no system of entrepreneurship (business owner) development that reaches the grass root level
- Certain practices of traditional business ownership still remain relevant, and certain elements need to be tweaked
- Overall confidence building in the family-owned business sector is need of the hour to sustain culture as well as economy
- The methodology for business ownership development must be a non-academic one
- Limited language skills among micro and small business owners
- Low inclination for academic learning among small business owners
- Addressing the sensitive issues of capital-driven economy, need of maintaining cultural thread, consumerism and overall psyche for wealth creation
- Worked with 60+ entrepreneur families who owned diverse range of businesses and services
- Published a methodology based on “Learning by Discourse”, first edition being in Hindi, titled Vyavsaay Upanishad (225 discourses, dozens of techniques for business and business mentoring
- Addressed the complex issue of transition of business and business leadership across the generations
To establish a three way system for meaningful discourse in the trio of school, parents and policy-planners.
Thousands of cases of poor attention span, bullying, poor academic performance and personality disorder. The onus for these cannot be fixed on the schools, yet it is one of the key concerns of school administration and teachers.
- Generically, parents feel that it is school's responsibility to develop child's performance and personality
- With the degradation of traditional family system, a philosophy or framework for parenting is also at the verge of crumbling; unless a reliable intervention is available quickly
- As a result, there is a big question mark as to whose responsibility is the personality of child
- 4th generation of nuclear family
- Excessive cultural crisscross due to technology, internet and media
- High levels of comparison-driven aspiration (which is out-bound rather than in-bound)
Creating a rational funding framework for startups and SMEs
Recurring cases of businesses facing problems because of working capital and scaling-up capital
- Pure VC-based approach aligned strictly around high-pace ROI not suitable for start-up
- Most startup founders are not very confident and clear about various options and approaches for capital structure and capital utilization
- Power of small investors having a vision for supporting business sector needs to be empowered, channelized and activated
- Networking and screening potential investors and investees
- Creating a system where high-potential ideas are available in turn-key mode for aspiring founders
- Creating a documentation and diligence system
- Created a basic Google Form to gather investor / investee information; long way to go.
Creating a plug-n-play system that institutions and corporate sector can use for institutional KM.
The need has been identified from the fact that for most of the crisis that businesses and organizations face, there is a faulty system or process deep within that they have not been able to tackle. Knowledge Management is more than employee training and L&D system.
- Work-Life Balance and Quality of Life for employees directly affects productivity and loyalty. Most SMEs cannot invest time, resources and thinking into it
- Socionomics and social processes need to be built into KM Systems
- Faulty and incomplete perceptions about 'Training & Development' in the corporate and education sector
- Board members considering KM and people management as secondary functions; placing it on low priorities
- Excessively conditioned minds of workforce
- L&D Sector stuck in terms of conceptual growth; cannot think beyond “LMS enabled L&D”
- Conducted 600+ workshops on various themes, and silently studied the “Science of Learning”
- Identified the Six Themes that control Quality of Life for a major chunk of the workforce and youth
- Developed what can be called a generic Employee Engagement Solution (with technological architecture in the background), that corporate, government, SMEs and non-profit can simply plug into
(Yet to be defined)
Small hotels operate in a close; limited market within the city, hence compete fiercely with each other. Aggregation systems are; at the best, creating further complications rather than solving the real problem (at least from operators’ point of view).
- Small hotel owners not engaging in the best industry practices
- In addition to Star Ratings by government appointed committees, the customers’ rating has also become relevant
- The quality standards for economy segment have to be defined and communicated both to operators as well as to customers, to set the standards across industry
- Low Implementation Quotient among operators
- Need to develop new models for partnership
- Need to address cash-flow problem for operators
- Worked with about six operating units so far
- Documentation in progress. (We still need to work with more stakeholders all across tourism sector)
Our next ambitious project is triggered by many elite, socially conscious opinion leaders as well as discerned local-governance leaders approaching to us to help them develop the locality. Through the initial surveys and studies, we have developed I-G-P Model and a Framework for local leadership development.
Please come back to see updates here...