One-year program that works in blended mode. Post-program career support available. Institutional Partnerships are welcome. डिप्लोमा इन सोशल डेवलपमेंट – यह कोर्स हिंदी/अंग्रेजी में उपलब्ध है; तथा क्षेत्रीय विकास के लिए नेतृत्व तैयार करने के लिए अतिउत्तम है
Rationale Of The DSD Program
In the last two decades, the nature of various social processes have changed quite significantly, as a combined effect of the following:
- Improved levels of formal education
- Exposure to the global information and culture
- Higher levels of aspiration
- Rapid pace of socio-economic changes
This has resulted in “social strain” that can be distinctly felt and seen in the middle class and higher middle class in society. This social strain, if not addressed, results in deformations like dysfunctional family, educated-but-unprepared youth, deformation in social psychology, cultural deformations and even crime.
Furthermore, this pattern is prevalent in metro cities and non-metro cities alike.
Approach to social development requires a conceptual shift because traditionally “social development” has been welfare-oriented – correlated with reaching out only to the bottom of pyramid, the downtrodden, the challenged, the underprivileged, and those hit by calamities.
This calls for grooming one tier of mid-level leadership in society
- Who have deep insight about the patterns of and root causes for social and collective strain
- Who can understand the process of mentoring and skill requirement for management of Quality of Life
- Who are competent to provide mentoring, functional support and leadership to a “micro society” around them.
DSD Program has been designed for this purpose.