addwit.org is an online community for sharing content in various formats including but not limited to written articles, educational videos, text and audio; shopping and networking facility that connects its members through a variety of services that it provides to its members. This document covers the terms and conditions under which these services are provided.
- Your registration as a member of org or the use of any of the features and services on Addwit.org, either as a registered member or as a visitor constitutes automatic acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Addwit.org reserves the right to update the terms, conditions and notices of this agreement without notice to you. It is your responsibility to periodically review the most current version of this Agreement.
- By accessing or using the Sites, Content, or Services, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service.
- If you do not agree with any of the terms and conditions of Addwit.org, do not register and you will not be authorized to use Addwit.org services.
- The views expressed on the website are not those of Addwit.org, and any issues in them belong to the respective contributors.
- Through the use of this site, you agree to hold Addwit.org harmless and its sponsors, owners, shareholders or employees against any claims.
- You are responsible for safeguarding the password that you use to access the Sites, Content and Services. You agree not to disclose your password to any third party. You agree to take sole responsibility for any activities or actions under your password, whether or not you have authorized such activities or actions.
- You may not make any content item originating from Addwit.org available for public access by any means whatsoever without obtaining prior written permission from Addwit.org.
- Addwit.org provides a variety of online and off-line forums for its members to express themselves in the form of assignment submissions, blogs, comments, reviews and photographs. You truthfully assert that the content being contributed is yours and that you own the copyright to the content.
- The content on the website is posted by Addwit.org, visitors and its members. Addwit.org will attempt to ensure the integrity and the accuracy of the Site in the Content and or Services but it does not guarantee that the information is accurate or complete or current. Addwit.org cannot be held liable for inaccuracy of any data listed on the website or any damage caused by the use of inaccurate data. It is Addwit.org’s policy to correct any inaccuracy reported within 7 days.
- The opinions and reviews expressed on the site belong to the users and Addwit.org cannot be held liable in any way about the content of the opinions and reviews.
- Information posted on the site is obtained from both primary and secondary sources and due credits and references are made available on ‘References’ page. Access to this page is available on request.
- Addwit.org should not be thought of as the authority and the final guide in your decision making.
- Addwit.org at its sole discretion may edit, delete or block access to any Content including Member Posted Content, without notice and without liability. We will however make reasonable efforts to inform you of the changes.
- By uploading the logo of your institution / Organization, you give Addwit.org the right to use the logo on Addwit.org website as well as on any Addwit marketing material.
While using the web site and engaged in any form of communication on any of the forums, you agree not to:
- Post, publish or transmit any messages that is false, misleading, defamatory, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, invades another’s privacy, offensive, promotes racism, hatred or harm against any individual or group or religion or caste, infringes another’s rights including any intellectual property rights or copyright or trademark, violates or encourages any conduct that would violate any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability.
- Upload or post otherwise make available any content that you do not have a right to make available, under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships.
- Upload or post or otherwise make available any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party. You may, however, post excerpts of copyrighted material so long as they adhere to Fair Use guidelines.
- Collect screen names and email addresses of members for purposes of advertisement, solicitation or spam are prohibited.
- Attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of website or breach any security or authentication measures.
- Access or search the Sites Content or Services with any engine, software, or tool.
- Send unsolicited email, junk mail, spam, or chain letters, or promotions or advertisements for products or services.
- Reformat or frame any portion of the web pages that are part of the Addwit.org Site without a written agreement.
- Create user accounts by automated means or under false or fraudulent pretences.
- Post text, messages, graphics or materials that are sales offers, advertisements, or promotions for products or services.
- addwit.org reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Services with or without notice.
If you enter into correspondence or engage in commercial transactions with third parties in connection with your use of the Addwit Service, such activity is solely between you and the applicable third party. Addwit shall have no liability, obligation or responsibility for any such activity. You hereby release Addwit.org from all claims arising from such activity.
Except for the content submitted by members or users, the Addwit and all aspects thereof, including all copyrights, trademarks, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights therein, is owned by Addwit.org or its licensors. You acknowledge that the Addwit.org and any underlying technology or software used in connection with the Addwit Service contain Addwit’s proprietary information. You may not modify, reproduce, distribute, create derivative works of, publicly display or in any way exploit, any of the content, software, and/or materials available on the Addwit.org Site, or Addwit Services in whole or in part except as expressly provided in Addwit’s policies and procedures. Except as expressly and unambiguously provided herein, Addwit.org and its suppliers do not grant you any express or implied rights, and all rights in the Addwit.org Service not expressly granted by Addwit.org to you are retained by Addwit.org.
Limitation of Liability
THE SITE, CONTENT, AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED AS IS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. IN NO EVENT SHALL ADDWIT.ORG, BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES RESULTING FROM THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE OUR SERVICES.
ADDWIT.ORG MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE SITES, CONTENT, OR SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE BASIS.
ADDWIT.ORG MAKES NO WARRANTY REGARDING THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, TRUTHFULNESS, COMPLETENESS OR INFORMATION PURCHASED OR OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITES, CONTENT OR SERVICES
For Offline Events
- All events are though non-formal; but strictly professional.
- Event experience and take-away outcome does not depend of material or resource person alone, there are many other factors which determine learning outcome.
- By very fact that you are attending session denotes your concurrence that you have no objection in audio / video recording of any part of the session, more so where you are on focus; and also that such media can be used by Addwit for any purpose whatsoever, say for example, research, analysis, testimonials, excerpts, tweeting, blogging, reporting to media, social-media updates, and alike.
- Personal and opinionated submissions and interruptions are not solicited. Every session is sufficiently designed to accommodate questions and doubt-clearing.
- Please mind dress, hygiene and interpersonal courtesy.
- Please carry copy and original of Proof of Identity and print-out of tickets sent by email as and when applicable.
Who we are
Our website address is: https://addwit.org.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
This website may collect personal data from users and site visitors. This may include personal data, such as name, email address, personal account preferences; transactional data, and for providing educational / counselling and related services data regarding what issues and complexities are they facing, or transaction information such as purchase information; and data generated from technical processes such as contact forms, comments, cookies, analytics, and third party embeds.
We collect these data to be able to provide services, for further research and based on this, to develop content and programs that ultimately benefit users and visitors.
Please note what information is captured through comments also. When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
In certain sections you will be able to upload media and files. Such media and files may be accessible only to administrator or program coordinators; however there is one category (for example, your prifle image) that is publicly accessible.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Data is captured when someone submits a contact form, as per the form fields. We may hold such data till the purpose has been solved. For example; till the visitor has got satisfactory reply for her / his service request. We do not use the information submitted through contact forms for marketing purposes.
f you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Many web hosting accounts collect some anonymous analytics data.
Who we share your data with
All third party providers with whom we share site data, including partners, cloud-based services, payment processors, and third party service providers, are listed below
CC Avenue and Paypal – for collecting online payments for subscriptions, programs, products and alike
Mailchimp – for email communication
Link to their own privacy policies are available on their respective websites..
How long we retain your data
We securely store and protect data till the utility remains. We may do periodic data clean-up also, and archive data that may be dormant but not currently in use. To give an indication; we may keep contact form entries for six months, analytics records for a year, and customer purchase records for ten years.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Data is safeguarded to European data protection standards, web hosting, cloud storage, or other third party services included; either by in-house team or by third party providers, whether that is through an agreement such as Privacy Shield, model clauses in contracts, or binding corporate rules.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Contact method for privacy-specific concerns – By email – care [at] Addwit [.] org or at 102, Geetanjali Residency, Plot 175, Sector 10, Kharghar, Navi Mumbai 410210 – India.
Not applicable —
How we protect your data
Measures we have taken to protect users’ data: (1) Technical measures – such as encryption; (2) Security measures – such as two factor authentication; (3) Measures such as staff training in data protection. Privacy Impact Assessment (will be updated if required).
What data breach procedures we have in place?
Deal with data breaches, (potential or real) through internal reporting systems, contact mechanisms, or bug bounties.
What third parties we receive data from
What automated decision making and/or profiling we do with user data
At certain sections of the website visitors / users may be engaged in automated decision making – for example, allowing customers to subscribe to a program / membership / buy a product or digital service, book a seat in event, or aggregating their data into an forum / profile / discussions / chats etc. You must note that this is taking place; information is used for the intended decision and purpose only. Users have rights over their decisions made without human intervention.
Industry regulatory disclosure requirements
Not applicable yet.
Addwit makes most earnest and maximum efforts to inform and educate potential buyers and subscribers to enable them to decide BEFORE making a ‘purchase’ including signing-up of the memberships, products, courses and programs.
Hence, refund policy includes these terms:
- User will make a request within 24 hours after ‘buying’ which implies making payment for the product or service and which does not imply ‘delivery’ of product or service.
- However, we will accept requests for refund after delivery of products or service only if sufficient, valid and verifiable reasons and explanations are provided by the users for their request for refund. Such request should be made within first 3 days of use of service. Refund on ground of “personal reasons” and reasons and issues already known to the Addwit Head Office and Research Team are generally not entertained. Known issues include but not limited to, to give an indication; skill deficit on part of subscribers and members in area of language skills / business and employability skills, skills for self management, skills for managing personal finance and management of family, etc.
- By and large, we will be considerate for such refund requests so long as the request is legitimate.
- It will be user’s responsibility to return all the products / material in first-hand condition, on his / her own cost. The address for returning will be intimated to user during application process.
- There will be Processing Fee up to 5% or $50 whichever is more to cover the incidental expenses already incurred / bound to be incurred.
- All refund request should be made with complete details in first instance by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated on 22 May 2018